Office

Getting Outlook 2013 to Work with Google Apps Sync

UPDATE*** Its now supported https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync ***

 

Google Does not support Office 2013 yet with Google Aps sync. But I wanted to find a way for me to get it working, I found a detailed discussion on Google Groups that provided the answer. I have been able to get Outlook 2013 working with Google Apps Sync. Credits Go to  wcodyanderson of Google Groups, for finding the original DLL swap idea. These are the steps I took. I was on Windows 8 64-bit, with office 2013 32 bit to start.

  1. Removed all Office from PC
  2. Copied gsync32.dll and unifiedlogin.dll to these two locations; (DLL’s from C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Apps Sync)
    1. – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
    2. – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
  3. Installed Outlook 2010 (32 Bit)
  4. Ran Application Sync and setup profile
  5. Upgraded to Outlook 2013 (32 Bit)
  6. Re-Ran Application Sync and setup profile
  7. Opened Outlook and it started syncing everything.
Of Course not supported by Google, Good Luck
Advertisements

Unable to delete Contacts in Business Contact Manager

Recently a problem occurred where a client was unable to delete contacts or accounts in business contact manager. The following error was displayed;

Error Converting Data type int to smallint.

The problem can be corrected with a change to one stored procedure on the SQL server called dbo.UpdatePhoneLogs, the corrected storedprocedure is below. Only two small changes are required at the top of the code stack. On lines 11 & 12. change the variable type from smallint to int. This is caused by the 32,000 limit of smallints in SQL.

USE [BCMPROD]
GO
/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[UpdatePhoneLogs]    Script Date: 11/27/2012 10:05:00 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO

ALTER proc [dbo].[UpdatePhoneLogs]
(
	@ContactServiceID int,
	@GrandParentContactServiceID int,
	@multiplier smallint
)
As
Begin

	DECLARE @Version bigint
	SELECT @Version = ClientDataVersion from OrgTable
	DECLARE @UpdatedCampaigns TABLE (ActivityID int NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, ActivityGUID uniqueidentifier not null, NPhoneLogs int, IsDeletedLocally bit)

	Insert into @UpdatedCampaigns (ActivityID, ActivityGUID, IsDeletedLocally, NPhoneLogs)
	SELECT
		at_campaign.ActivityID,
		at_campaign.ActivityGUID,
		at_campaign.IsDeletedLocally,
		COUNT(*)
	FROM
		dbo.ActivitiesTable at_campaign
		INNER JOIN dbo.ActivitiesTable at ON at_campaign.ActivityGUID = at.ReferredEntryId
		INNER JOIN dbo.ActivityContacts ac ON at.ActivityID = ac.ActivityID
	WHERE
		(ac.ContactID = @ContactServiceID OR ac.GrandParentContactServiceID = @ContactServiceID)
		AND at_campaign.ActivityType = 21
		AND at.ActivityType = 15
		AND at.ReferredEntryId IS NOT NULL
	GROUP BY
		at_campaign.ActivityID, at_campaign.ActivityGUID, at_campaign.IsDeletedLocally

	UPDATE dbo.CampaignTable SET
		NumberPhoneLogs = ISNULL(NumberPhoneLogs, 0) + @multiplier * uc.NPhoneLogs
	FROM
	dbo.CampaignTable ct INNER JOIN @UpdatedCampaigns uc
	ON ct.ActivityID = uc.ActivityID

	-- Add campaign to change queue (assumes client data version has already been bumped)
	-- FolderKind.Campaign ItemType.Campaign ChangeType.Modified
	Insert Into dbo.ChangeQueue (EntryGUID, EntityID, ViewRowID, FolderType, ItemType, Operation, Version, ChangeUser, ChangeTime)
	(SELECT uc.ActivityGUID,
		uc.ActivityID,
		uc.ActivityID,
		dbo.fn_IsDeletedToCampaignFolderType(IsDeletedLocally),
		0x1B,
		5,
		@Version,
		suser_sname(),
		current_timestamp
		FROM @UpdatedCampaigns uc)
End